IACLEA LEMAP SERVICE AGREEMENT
THIS AGREEMENT, made, entered and effective this last date signed by and between the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators, Inc., a Georgia corporation with a principal office at 342 North Main Street, West Hartford, Connecticut (hereafter referred to as “IACLEA”) and Name of Institution, a duly licensed [educational institution/public agency] with a principal place of business in City, State (hereafter referred to as the “AGENCY”).
IACLEA, a non-profit corporation whose members are law enforcement administrators, provides a service entitled “Loaned Executive Management Assistance Program” (sometimes simply referred to as “LEMAP”):
- Purpose. The Agency operates and manages a public safety/security/and or police department, and, in the furtherance of its operations, desires to obtain the services of IACLEA for management consultation to improve the administration, management and operation of the department. This Agreement provides for utilization of IACLEA resources to assist and serve as consultants. Accordingly, this Agreement sets forth, in writing, those terms and conditions under which the service will be provided. The Agency agrees to hire and retain IACLEA and IACLEA agrees to provide the services described within and limited to the scope of duties in paragraph 2 for the fees contained in this Agreement.
- Scope of Duties. The duties to be performed on behalf of the Agency will be as follows: A review of the Campus Public Safety/Police Department. The report generated will cover the team’s findings and recommendations on the items outlined in Appendix 1 of this contract.
These duties will be performed by the managers and team members designated by IACLEA. IACLEA reserves the right to designate and change team members as it deems necessary.
No advance or preview draft of a review team’s findings or report will be required by or provided to the Agency. Any factual errors in the final report provided to the Agency will be corrected and reprinted by IACLEA at no additional expense to the agency.
- Fee Schedule. For
the services to be rendered by IACLEA, the Agency agrees to pay the
following fees: A Management Fee of $10,500 for an IACLEA
Institutional Member, for a three day review by a team leader and
two assessors, to be paid in two installments as follows:
|payment in advance and upon execution of this agreement
|payment promptly upon delivery of final report
Failure to provide timely payment as
provided for shall constitute a material breach of this Agreement
and excuses IACLEA from any further performance.
- Travel and Lodging Expenses. In addition to the Management Fee set forth in paragraph 3, the Agency agrees to arrange for and promptly to pay the review team’s travel, lodging and meal expenses. A minimum of business-class lodging is required for the team members. In the absence of advance written agreement on the lodging, if the team leader determines any on-site arrangements unacceptable, in his/her reasonable discretion the team leader shall have the right to change the lodging to the satisfaction of the review team members at the expense of the agency. The agency shall promptly reimburse such expenses.
- Additional Expenses. In addition to the Management Fee and the expenses listed in paragraph 4, the Agency agrees to pay in advance or promptly reimburse all out-of-pocket expenses reasonably incurred by IACLEA or its review team in the performance of the duties under this Agreement, including but not limited to, long-distance telephone charges, copying, printing and duplication costs, express mail service, Internet access, baggage fees, and other related expenses.
Failure to provide prompt payment or reimbursement of the expenses in paragraphs 4 and 5 shall constitute a material breach of this Agreement and excuse IACLEA from any further performance.
- Representations of Agency. To induce IACLEA to undertake the duties and performance hereunder, Agency represents and warrants:
- The duties to be undertaken are not connected with or related to any threatened or pending litigation.
- The duties to be undertaken are not connected with or predicated on any planned or pending reduction in force, layoff or adverse employment action, including disciplinary action, involving a specific employee or group of employees, or, any planned privatization, if a public agency.
- Any document prepared and submitted by IACLEA as a report or record of duties performed and actions recommended remains for internal Agency use and not for publication or dissemination outside of the Agency, without specific advance written approval of IACLEA.
- The parties executing this Agreement are authorized to engage IACLEA and have full and complete authority to execute this Agreement and provide payment of the Management Fee and all expenses as required hereunder.
- Duration. The effective date of this Agreement is the last date signed by the parties and the agreement shall continue in force until six months later, unless sooner terminated in accordance with the provisions hereof.
- Termination. This Agreement may be terminated by either party for the following reasons:
- Advance written notice of sixty (60) days to the other party; or,
- Failure of either party, after notice, to perform or comply with any one or more of the material terms or conditions of this Agreement.
In addition to and not in limitation of the foregoing, if in the reasonable opinion of Agency, IACLEA should at any time fail to put forth its reasonable efforts to provide consulting services, Agency may direct IACLEA's attention to such failure by written notice to IACLEA, specifying the specific deficiencies and suggest remedial steps. If thereafter, in the reasonable opinion of Agency, IACLEA shall not have corrected the deficiency within a reasonable period of time after such written notice, Agency shall have the right, upon written notice to IACLEA to that effect, to terminate this Agreement.
Regardless of reason for termination, Agency shall pay for all work performed and expenses incurred up to the effective date of termination.
- Limited Effect of Waiver. If either party waives any breach of any provision of this Agreement, that waiver will not operate or be construed as a waiver of any later breach or breaches.
- Severability. In the event that any provision or provisions of this Agreement shall be construed to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not be deemed to affect the remaining provisions hereof, and this Agreement shall be construed and enforced as if such invalid or unenforceable provision or provisions had never been inserted.
- Oral Modification is not Binding. This Agreement may be altered only by a written agreement signed by the party against the enforcement of any waiver, change, modification, extension or discharges sought. Oral changes or modifications will have no effect.
- Applicable Law. This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Connecticut.
- Notices. Any notices required or permitted to be given under this Agreement shall be sufficient if in writing, and if sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, to the principal office of IACLEA, or to the principal office of Agency, and shall be deemed given as of the date of mailing.
- Binding Effect. The terms of this Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties, their respective successors and assigns.
- Integration. This Agreement contains the entire Agreement between the parties hereto with respect to the transactions contemplated herein and supersedes all previous representations and negotiations commitments or writings with respect hereto.
- Usage. Any terms used in the singular or plural, or masculine, feminine or neuter form shall be singular or plural, masculine, feminine or neuter, as the proper reading requires.
- Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which shall be deemed to be an original.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have hereunto set their hands and seals, the parties acting herein by their duly authorized officers, all as of and effective as the day and year first written above.
Director of Accreditation and LEMAP Services
Its Duly Authorized Officer
Name of Signer
Title of Signer
Name of Institution
Its Duly Authorized Officer