Who Can Join IACLEA?
Membership in IACLEA is open to:
- sworn or non-sworn colleges, universities and secondary schools throughout the United States, Canada and other countries
- individual campus public safety directors and staff
- criminal justice faculty members
- municipal chiefs of police
- companies offering campus law enforcement products and services
- individuals who support professionalism in campus law enforcement administration.
Why Join IACLEA?
Join IACLEA to gain access to exclusive member discounts and benefits valued at up to $759, far exceeding the cost of membership.
Member Value Chart
Join to Develop Professionally
- Gain instant access to a wealth of resources, including model policies, best practices, innovative programs, crime prevention resources and informative articles, available 24/7 on IACLEA’s website (www.iaclea.org) and IACLEA Connections, the foremost online discussion platform for campus public safety professionals
- Stay current on trends, key issues and legislation with the Campus Law Enforcement Journal, twice weekly News Digests and monthly E-newsletters
- Increase your knowledge through learning opportunities such as the Annual Conference, regional conferences, webinars and Executive Development Institute
Join to Shape Public Policy
- Make your voice heard on important public policy issues
- Stay informed about the latest changes in the Clery Act and other laws and regulations that impact campus public safety
- Actively participate in the shaping of public policy through Capitol Hill Day and other governmental relations activities
Join to Collaborate and Network
- Connect and network with peers at regional and annual conferences for a mutual sharing of experiences and useful information
- Grow your leadership skills by engaging in leadership opportunities through participation in committee work and strategic initiatives
- Access the best from your colleagues via IACLEA Connections, the online networking platform for campus public safety…participate in discussion forums, share resources and develop contacts with other campus public safety colleagues around the world
- Share your expertise as a subject matter expert at conferences, webinars or in the Campus Law Enforcement Journal
Other Important Reasons to Join
- LEMAP - The Loaned Executive Management Assistance Program (LEMAP) provides, upon request, assistance in improving the administration, management or operations of a police/public safety/security agency and may aid in implementing improved practices and techniques
- Accreditation Program - Accreditation of a campus public safety department by IACLEA constitutes recognition that the department conforms to the highest professional standards for campus law enforcement and protective services
- Corporate Partner Program and Group Purchasing Program - These programs provide access to, information about and discounts for product and service solutions to help meet professional challenges
- Awards - Five annual awards are bestowed at the Annual Conference: Award for Innovations in Community Oriented Policing, Award for Administrative Excellence, Award for Merit, Award for Valor, and the Officer Memorial Award
- Scholarships - Three annual scholarships are offered for students employed by campus public safety agencies at IACLEA member institutions
For questions about IACLEA membership, please contact Membership Services at email@example.com.