We invite you to participate in IACLEA’s 2016-17 webinar series to hear from the experts and influence the discussion. Each month will provide a new opportunity to engage with leaders in the field. Follow this link to access the Distance Learning Archive: 2016-2017 Webinar Recordings and Power Point Slides
- IACLEA members – Free
- Non-members - $149 per institution or attend for free by joining IACLEA. IACLEA member value adds up quickly! With the $149 discount per webinar that you’ll receive as an IACLEA member, it will only be a short time before you’ve completely recouped your membership dues. Take advantage of this and other member discounts and join IACLEA today.
2016-2017 Webinar Series Schedule
Interested in sponsoring an IACLEA webinar? Click to learn more about the benefits of sponsorship, and learn about our single or package opportunities!
Series Sponsored in-part by:
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: 866.825.5433 or www.AUS.com.
STANLEY Security partners with institutions of higher learning to provide comprehensive security programs nationwide. We work together with schools to develop security standards across campuses, and strategically plan all aspects of campus security programs. Not only do we provide intrusion, video surveillance, access control, and system integration, we also provide software support and consultation, as well as system design, installation, and monitoring.
May 4, 2017 – Webinar: Hiring and Retention in Campus Safety
1:00 pm ET
To register today click here
The foundation of a respected and professional campus safety department are the women and men who serve in it. Selecting and retaining staff who maintain safety and, at the same time, reflect the values of the institution to those who live, work, study and visit is paramount.
Topics will include:
- Why professional courtesy is important
- What are some of the characteristics of a “good fit?”
- The hiring process
- Retention concerns
- Proprietary vs contract security
- Campus safety as a career
- Campus Police Chiefs and Public Safety Directors
- Administrative heads of police/public safety departments and/or related functions
- Human Resource administrators
Lil Burroughs, Director of Operations at Bryn Mawr and Haverford College Campus Safety Departments.
Michael J. Hill, Director of Public Safety at Swarthmore College
Tom King, Executive Director Campus Safety at Haverford and Bryn Mawr Colleges
Distance Learning Archive: Access 2016-2017 Webinar Recordings and Power Point Slides:
Members can access the webinar PowerPoint slides and the recording in the 2016-2017 Webinar Series Resource Library in IACLEA Connections: http://community.iaclea.org/home. Once logged in, go to Browse, Resource Libraries, 2016-2017 Webinar Series.