Campus Preparedness Tools
The Campus Preparedness planning and training tools accessible from this page were developed under a federal Department of Homeland Security grant to IACLEA. The goals were to:
- develop and disseminate resources to strengthen the capacity of campus public safety departments in the United States to anticipate and develop plans for potential terrorist threats.
- develop an Incident Command System training program, and
- develop a strategic vision for campus public safety training needed in the next three to five years.
Safety Shattered: Campus Law Enforcement Journal Special section on Campus Emergencies
- Run, Hide, Fight — One Voice on Disaster Preparedness
Katherine Schweit, Chief of the Violence Prevention Section, FBI Deputy Director's Office of Partner Engagement
- Revisiting the Staging Area
Robert Mueck, Director of Public Safety, St. John's College, Annapolis, Maryland
- Underprepared for Active Shooter Situations
Kimberly Myers, Ed.D., Director of Criminal Justice, Homeland Security and Public Safety & Security Programs at
Goodwin College (Ret.)
Please send your feedback on these Campus Preparedness Tools to